When something is new, we are our only point of reference. So we wonder…
- is that new freckle normal?
- Is my new boss always unreasonable?
- Are the problems that my staff deal with normal?
- Was that conversation odd, or am I just being weird?
- Is this new project possible to do within budget and by the due date?
One of the most significant benefits of networking is normalizing. Some call it venting. Others call it getting emotional support. No matter what you call it, it’s crucial because normalizing helps people get some perspective. While normalizing, people also find out they are not alone. Which is even better than therapy sometimes!
How can you make time for normalizing?