There are organization challenges and then there are personal professional challenges. Are our associations helping members with both?
Our members tend to identify organizational challenges as:
- Rapidly changing government regulations
- Negative public opinion
- Increasingly competitive marketplace
- Shrinking budgets
- Changing technology, changing customer needs, changing business landscape and more.
Change tends to bring on organizational challenges. Organizational challenges vary by industry, profession and perhaps even by member segment.
Members also identify personal professional problems:
- Being new to the profession or industry
- Becoming a new manager or leader
- Embarking on a new project themselves or starting a new program at their organization
Anything new generally presents members with a personal professional challenge.
In addition to dividing up our content and professional development by topics to cover perhaps we should also divvy them up by organizational challenge as well as personal professional problems.