I think we’re in the midst of a very disruptive time and I worry about this association’s ability to react quickly enough to that.
How do you know if your association is on the right path toward innovation? How do you ensure the organization doesn’t revert to the status quo? How can you innovate faster and better, truly meeting members needs?
The Association Innovation Research Report explores these questions courtesy of the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA). What exactly is innovation like specifically at associations? It is different than the for-profit sector, but how?
15 association professionals at 15 of the most innovative associations tell us their stories. They share what worked for them, what didn’t work and what they learned along the way. You’ll see their aspirations, their challenges and their worries. Now these detailed conversations are available to help you plan a path for innovation at your association.
Who should read this research report?
- Association CEO’s
- Association innovation VP’s
- VP’s/Directors and department leads
- Association professionals with an interest in innovation
- Innovation committees and teams (newly formed or long-standing)
- Association industry consultants and providers
What will you learn from this research report?
- The one non-negotiable thing that must be in place for innovation to thrive at your association
- The 5 elements that structurally pave the way for innovation
- The 5-step idea process
What can you do with the results from this research report?
- Start a conversation with the staff, senior leaders or the board about what innovation should look like at your association
- Leverage the report’s insights to plan your association’s innovation focus
- Streamline or debug your existing innovation processes
This report will give you insights into late-stage association innovators, the associations who have been there, done that which will give you confidence to pursue your path to innovation.
I’m optimistic about the future. We’re positioned really well from an innovation focus, to the staff mindset, to the culture, to our unique position in the profession.
The Association Innovation Research Report is full of rich data, a resource swap, fascinating conversations and really interesting surprises. No need to sign up or provide your email. Thanks to NBAA who sponsored this report, it is free to all and available with just one click!
Marketing General Incorporated took the results of this qualitative report and fielded a quantitative benchmarking survey and you can access that report here (scroll down). These two reports are great used in conjunction with each other; the quantitative benchmarking survey will give you the ranking of each answer and the qualitative report will give you the story, detail and context behind each answer.