Imagine that member value and member experience were on either end of a seesaw. Many associations focus on value and provide a base-level of experience. More consumer-focused organizations are doing the reverse, and they are starting to focus on experience while providing a base-level of value.
Why this shift in the consumer world?
- Experiences are engaging.
- Experiences are remembered.
- A great experience increases the perceived value.
- Our emotional decision-making favors experiences.
- Value is easy to replicate, giving competitors a chance.
- We crave connection, and experiences tend to create connections.
- Experiences can alter our behavior, helping us to let down our guard so we can connect, participate, and engage.
The associations that members love in 2022 and beyond will figure out how to wrap their value in great experiences.
- How we start each event right
- Move members from worry and fear to opportunity and possibility
- The world of work can be inhumane, but associations can be the opposite