What is our goal, and why are we doing this? What would a great outcome be? How do I want my members/attendees/listeners/co-workers/readers to feel? These three questions can be used before:
- Hosting a conference, chapter meeting, board meeting, or even a party
- Working on any new product, service, benefit, or website launch
- Having an important, tough, or celebratory conversation
- Running or participating in every staff meeting
- Writing an article, letter, or email
Setting goals doesn’t have to take long. Thinking something like, “my goal for this meeting is to provide lots of value,” is enough.