Are you finding it hard to concentrate nowadays? Does the haze of worry have you distracted? Are family members interrupting you 56 times a day? Do you have approximately 3,687,932 projects on your plate? Many people I talk to are struggling. Me too! Especially with deep thinking-type work.
Here are some of the tactics I am trying to continue to move work along:
- Chunk deep thinking-type work into smaller tasks.
- Schedule time on my calendar for each task.
- Wake up early, before anyone else, and focus immediately and exclusively on the task.
- Commit to working on the task every working day for a short time (20 or 30 minutes) unless I’m in the flow, and then I’m welcome to continue, but I must work on it the minimum number of minutes I committed to.
- Keep the deep thinking-type project top of mind before walks, runs, dishwashing, etc. in case an idea or solution comes to me.