Many associations organize around demographics like profession, industry or field, and geography (county, state, national, international). It can be challenging for members to find others who are just like them in traditionally configured associations.
Go beyond demographics and see if specific mindsets emerge within your membership.
- Some members may want to solve a massive problem in their industry, profession, field, or world.
- Some members may be interested in influencing without authority.
- Some members may be starting a never-been-done-before project.
- Some members may be interested in cutting edge technology.
- Some members may be exploring a huge career change.
Some members may be interested in something so unique; they have not yet found any like-minded colleagues.
Delve in and see what the predominant mindsets are in your association, and then help these smaller communities of like-minded members connect.
- Every professional feels very alone sometimes
- Chapters could be replaced by special interest groups
- You are not making a change for that group of members