1. Be member focused – the offering should be the solution to a major challenge, problem or fear that members are currently having.
2. Test frequently – throughout the development process beta test with members who are likely to buy/participate to make sure the solution does meet the need and ensure the design is intuitive.
3. Tell the right story – use member insights about the challenge, problem or fear to tell the story about the offering. Test various versions to find out message will be the most well received.
Don’t develop in a vacuum. Talk to members before, during and after the development process to give your new innovations and offerings the best chance of success.
- Why associations should have a new product pipeline
- What dating and innovation have in common
- 3 layers of member insight