Every once in a while our life is spared. The doctor’s test comes back negative. We manage not to crash our bike, or do crash it but are lucky enough to land on some fluffy grass. A car narrowly misses ours. There is an avalanche on the slope but not while you were there. We recover from a severe bout of the flu. We hustle off the mountain peak before the thunderstorm rolls in.
Perhaps we can use these near-misses to recalibrate our behaviors. Life is fleeting, why not lean in more right now?
- We can train ourselves for empathy.
- We can become friendlier and more accessible.
- We can make time to be more thoughtful and generous.
- We can dare to try new things and shake up the status quo.
- We can move away from comfortable things and learn and grow.
Our lives are spared every day which makes this a great day to think about how we can contribute even more meaningfully.