- The conference can have the best speakers, food and hotel but if the staff is aloof we’ve missed a connection.
- The membership brochure can be printed on the best paper but if the copy is all about the association we’ve missed a connection.
- Our website can be responsive, be integrated well with our AMS and have all the bells and whistles but if our members can not easily find what matters to them we’ve missed a connection.
- The benchmarking survey can be in-depth and accurate but if we are not available to talk to members about custom data then we’ve missed a connection.
- Committee meetings can be well organized but if the committee chair neglects to include new opinions then we’ve missed a connection.
Sometimes the benefit we produce is not as important as the interactions we are having with members along the way.