Someone joins and they never use any of the benefits. It boggles the mind! Why would they spend the money to join and not even use what they paid for?
When we think of why members join we think of the benefits list and all the intangibles we know they are getting. What we don’t think of is why else they might join. Here are some of the reasons:
- I have to keep or renew a certification
- My boss signed me up
- My boss strongly suggests I sign up
- My company joined
- My company suggests I join
- It’s cheaper to join than pay a la cart
- I want to go to the conference
- I hope I will get some value
- I know will get some value
- I’m proud to belong to this association
This is quite a range of beliefs and they create a challenge for associations. Which kind of member would you like to have? How do you cultivate more #10 members?
Most popular posts: