Being busy gets in the way of what is important. It seems our human tendency is to keep adding more, making things harder and more time consuming. How much time do we spend on the things that will drive our association and delight our members? How much time is spent on strategy, innovation and marketing? It’s hard to get out of the cycle and even think about doing the important stuff. Here’s a simple plan to get started:
1. Make a plan to simplify – what is important? what’s not?
2. Pick one thing to do today – starting small helps you to start
3. Get into the habit – schedule time to do what’s important
4. Reflect on the impact – review the results
5. Start over at #1 – do it again and again